This is a collaboration of The Candle Bothy and Nine Angels Home.
The Candle Bothy candles are made with 100% natural soy wax and burn using wicks made from cotton and linen. They are vegan friendly and hand-poured in small batches in Dundee/Scotland.
Their burn time is approximately 30 hours.
These candles are a limited edition and only available in the following scents and pots:
Cosy Nights - dark purple pot
Warming Honey & Tobacco - dark purple pot
Lemongrass & Ginger - bright green pot
Lime Basil & Mandarin - bright green pot
Raspberry & Peppercorn - pink potBlack Pomegranate - pink pot
Once you've burned your delicious candle, this jesmonite pot has SO MANY uses. It's perfect for succulents or cacti (any plant that doesn't require too much water, really), make-up brushes, utensils, pens, pencils, all the things you frequently misplace! The pots are hand-mixed in small batches so no 2 pieces will ever be quite the same; you’ll have a truly one-of-a-kind item.
~ Low hazard material, VOC FREE
~ Water-based, heat-resistant
~ Sealed 3 times for protection
~ Rubber feet to protect your surfaces
~ 8 cm tall, 7 cm wide (inner: 7 cm tall, 6 cm diameter)
~ Great for plants that don't need too much water, do not soak
~ Due to the pots being handmade and marbled, the colours can vary slightly and might look slightly different to the pictures
Characteristics of soy wax candles:
• Soy wax candles are not made from petroleum products, but from pure soybean oil, which is a natural, renewable resource
• Soy wax candles burn clean with little soot released
• Soy wax candles burn at lower temperature, which means they burn slower and last a lot longer than e.g. paraffin candles
• Soy wax spills or stains can easily be cleaned up using soap and water
Some tips to get the most out of your candle:
• When lighting a candle for the first time, ensure the wax has melted all or most of the surface. This avoids the candle burning down around the wick, leaving wax around the edges, which is also called ‘tunnelling’
• Don’t burn the candle in the jesmonite pot for more than 3 hours at a time
• Allow the candle to cool for 1 to 2 hours between burns
• Always trim the wick to about 5mm to ensure even burning and to avoid soot and prevent large flames
• Take care as the pot can get very hot. '